Video marketing is an often overlooked category of Search Engine Optimization for small to medium-sized businesses. Producing video content may seem like a daunting task for smaller businesses. The fact is that creating audio-visual content can be accomplished without as much effort as you may think and video production cannot be ignored any more as a marketing strategy. When that content is produced and properly optimized the results will be rewarding and addictive as you start to see your videos ranking for local keywords.
Recently, companies across the globe are realising the value of including video on their websites. Some of the reasons for this are:
- This year, more than 50% of Internet traffic will be video (Cisco)
- More than 75% of executives surveyed said they watch work-related online video on business-related websites at least weekly (Reuters)
- On Google, an indexed video stands a 50X greater chance of ranking on the first results page than any textual page (Forrester Research)
- Every day, 4 billion videos are watched on YouTube. Every minute 2 and a half days worth of video are uploaded (Forbes)
- More than 24 Million U.S. smartphone users are currently watching online videos on their mobile device at least monthly (emarketer)
- 183 million U.S. Internet users watched online video content in December 2011 for an average of 20 hours per viewer (Forbes)